April and May have been even more hectic for me. I struggled with my motivation to write and even read, thus ending up missing most of my deadlines. Again.
But considering all the stuff I did get done in these two months I have been unexpectedly productive. For example, I read a total of seven books in two months, three of them on Wattpad Classics, as well as a new novel, which I’m not counting here.
Books I finished:
- A Brief History of Time, Stephen Hawking
- Our Story Ends Here, Sara Naveed (review to be published elsewhere)
- Carmilla, J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- First Love, Last Rites, Ian McEwan
- Dracula, Bram Stoker (re-read)
- How it Happened, Shazaf Fatima Haider (review to follow)
- Dracula’s Guest and Other Weird Stories, Bram Stoker
- A Cup of Rage, Raduan Nassar
- Stay With Me, Maniza Naqvi
I have just begun A Cup of Rage and so far it seems that reading Nassar might just help me to finally reading and finishing Stay With Me. Both are quite similar in style and possibly in content, so yeah.
Books to read in June:
While writing down the books I’d read so far in 2017, I realised that I have read only five books by women. Books by women were supposed to constitute three-quarters of all the books I read this year. So I’ve now rearranged my TBR list to focus more on women authors.
- Nobody Killed Her, Sabyn Javeri
- Night and Day, Virginia Woolf
- Jacob’s Room, Virginia Woolf
- My Ántonia, Willa Cather
- One of Our Own, Willa Cather
- Black Dogs, Ian McEwan
- Enduring Love, Ian McEwan
- Atonement, Ian McEwan
- Angaaray, Sajjad Zaheer, Ahmed Ali, Rashid Jahan, and Mahmuduzzafar
- Selected Stories, Alice Munro
This blogging-shlogging is getting tedious!
I have begun to find blogging tedious. Even writing this blog was a struggle. There is so much I want to say but can’t seem to put it into words. I’m trying to resolve this by writing a little everyday in longhand in my bullet journal. Maybe I’ll write a blog about it too. But, not now. Later, maybe.
Have you ever experienced this too? I mean, not being able to keep updating your blog content because write you just. Can’t. Share your experiences in the comments.